Manistee Friendship Society
1475 South US 31
Manistee Mi. 49660
Available Position: Assistant Director
Start date: November 1st 2020
Pay: $12.50/hour, $13.50/hour-Certified Peer Support Specialist
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-3pm
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay.
• Supports, mentors and assists members to achieve community inclusion, participation, independence, recovery, and resiliency.
• Must possess computer, typing, phone proficiencies and excellent communication and customer relations skills to effectively interact with members, business partners and community stakeholders.
• Facilitate/co-facilitate health and wellness classes and groups. (Examples: anxiety/depression, anger management, arts & crafts, etc.)
• Participates in required training as identified by Executive Director, including but not limited to CPR & First Aid, Recipient Rights, etc.
• Participates in meetings and trainings as requested to maintain or improve proficiency.
• Complies with all policies and procedures of the agency.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be receiving or have received services from a public mental health system for a mental health issue in the past and is currently in recovery. (Anxiety, depression, bi-polar, etc.)
• Must have or be willing to work towards the Peer Support Specialist Certification as required by MDHHS. (Center will pay for training for employee if needed.)
• Experience: No work experience necessary. 90-day probationary period.
• Follows specific and defined policies, procedures or instructions (written or verbal) in carrying out virtually all job duties.
• Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License and a good driving record.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
• Must be 18 years or older.
If your interested please send your resume with references to email@example.com. If you have any questions please feel free to call Cassandra @ 231-398-0434